Sunday 4 April 2010

Futsal >>>> Geology

It turns out that every other Sunday the camp I'm in head off 2 hours down the road to the local futsal centre before having dinner (while singing some utterly appalling karaoke). Naturally I was quite outstanding, well at least I filled up most of the goal whenever I took my turn as keeper.One of the others actually said I had surprisingly good technique. Barely had the words left his mouth before a ball dropped perfectly for me to volley home from 10 yards out. Sadly instead of hitting the target I hammered it into the roof of the building...about 15 yards wide...bugger.


Team photo:

Blocking my own keepers view. Textbook defending that...



As we left one of the two girls in charge asked to have her photo taken with me:


Then the other one did:

Then one of the other players decided to get in on the act:
Then so did another...


and so on for another 10-12 photos until all the players had got one.

Then the team outside:



Oh yes and finally so did the girl who interviewed me as part of her English studies project.






Seeing as I was the only non-Indonesian in the town I can only assume that she'd been waiting to interview someone for a very long time. Actually that probably explains where she found the time to make up over 100 questions to ask. I think I understood about 30 of them which is great as it was filmed so the recording will be mostly made up of me going "what?" or giving a very unconvincing nod of the head.


All in all one of the stranger days I've had even by the current standards of this trip.


Keg

1 comment: