Monday 12 April 2010

If Carlsberg did jobs you could order...

As I was making my way into the office this morning I saw a very fair haired child in a beige shirt hanging on to the back of a motorbike for dear life (nothing unusual about that, in fact I think it's part of the law that you must have at least one small child hanging off your bike at all times here). Only when we were passing him did I actually properly look at the bike's passenger and it was only then that I noticed that instead of a child on the back of the bike there was in fact a fairly large blonde haired monkey riding pillion instead. I asked the driver why he was allowed a pet monkey to which I was told that it wasn't a pet. In fact it was his coworker. Basically when you think the coconuts in your trees are ripe you ask the man and his monkey to turn up so that the monkey can head up the tree and check. Any ones he finds that are ready to be picked he just knocks off the tree. My follow up question about whether you could hire it to be a personal shopper in a supermarket fell on deaf/confused ears sadly.

Personally I think this is fantastic and I will definitely be ordering a large number of trained monkeys to help with the harvest at home. I'll also try and get a photo of him next time as annoyingly my camera wasn't to hand this morning.

As for the next few days it looks like they're pretty free so I might try and do some sightseeing around a town called Bukittingi.

until then,

keg

No comments:

Post a Comment