Saturday 6 March 2010

Some friends I've made so far

Got to love a praying mantis hanging around outside the office:




This butterfly decided that he wanted to drink up whatever moisture had accumulated after a days walking round in the jungle. Lovely...


Seemingly though this is a popular pastime for them


The perspective is slightly ballsed up on this one as the pen is flat whereas the millipede is heading off at around 45 degrees downhill. He must've been about 10"-12" long though.

Mum can skip this next photo.
I actually wouldn't have noticed him (as I'd been walking just shy of 4 hours and was quite tired) however the guy leading the way did this bizarre little hop off the path and almost fell off the side of the hill (about 2 feet left of the snake). No idea if he's poisonous or not but he seemed pretty chilled.
Now for 2 contenders for "wildlife photograph of the year" ....
In this one note how I beautifully managed to miss the three Hornbills which have just flown past the trees on the left. Textbook.


Even better though, in my opinion, was this effort of 9-10 monkeys:



Trust me, they're all in that bush and they were big too. I actually had ample time to photograph them out in the open but instead chose that time to stand there smiling and saying "monkeys" to anyone who'd listen. Naturally as soon as I got my camera out they all fucked off into a particularly thick tree. I'll get them next time though. Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment